Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Happy St. Pat's Day!

Céad Míle Fáilte, and a Happy Feast Day to all!

Once upon a time, in a previous life and in a galaxy far, far away (a place called North Carolina), I worked at an Irish Pub for quite a long time. It was a very formative period of life, and I learned not a few lessons during those five years.

Most of all, I learned exactly how to celebrate St. Patrick's Day-- properly speaking, the festivities would have begun last weekend, and will end sometime next week, or whenever the Guinness runs out. That typically doesn't happen, though, because, let's face it, that's just poor planning.

Anyhow, that's neither here nor there. One thing that I miss terribly about the good ole days at the Pub is just the community and the goodness of those in the Irish community. Whether at a céili, or a sunday afternoon session of players, or an all out feis, what a great group of people the Irish are to be around-- and, Irish or not, you're always made to feel welcome. If you happen to be in North Carolina tomorrow, I'd highly recommend stopping in at this pub for the craic:

---

On a related note, our youth group met tonight, and we showed them a great video all about that great evangelizer of Ireland-- I though I would post it for your benefit:





Sláinte to you all, and enjoy a sweet pint of the Black Stuff today!

No comments:

Post a Comment